Do you want prepare well for TOEFL test? Let me help you with some tips bellow
– Understanding information from both reading and listening passages
– Taking notes on the reading and listening passages
– Using information from your notes in your writing
– Synthesizing the information taken from both the reading and listening passages
Process and Strategy
1. Read and listen, then take note
You will not see the promt until after you finish reading and writing, so taking notes is essential.
Take notes of major points from both reading and listening.
2. Read the question and understand the task
Identify what kind of relationship between the reading and listening the question ask you to discuss.
3. Select ideas from your notes
Choose the points that you need to discuss. Think about how the points in the lecture relate to the points in the reading. The listening passage will present details that will either challenge the information presented in the reading, present a counter example, or describe the consequences of an attempt to solve a problem presented in the reading
4. Organize the ideas
Include information from both the reading and listening passages.
Clearly show the relationship between the information presented in the listening and that presented in the reading passage.
Limit the time for organizing to less than 2 minutes, in order to give yourself more time for writing and editing.